Friday, June 3, 2011

Andreas ...

We had a wonderful home stay with Udy and Waldo and the adult children who come and go from their home. Most especially I enjoyed visits from Anjeli and Andreas, Udy's grandchildren. Udy felt sorry for me not having any of my own, so insisted that I can share hers! We had many great meals, conversations and walks with Udy and Waldo. Udy is great at explaining things in Spanish so that you can still understand; it's like she plays charades, acting things out. And she took great delight when Pat would understand something before I did. Like many Peruvian families, Udy and Waldo raise guinea pigs (cuyis) which is a delicacy in Peruvian cuisine. But Pat and I couldn't manage to fire up to try it, and Udy was kind enough to wait until our departure to make it for the two French young men who were also staying there.

No comments:

Post a Comment